Having completed a Master’s degree in Building Surveying at Nottingham Trent University in September 2013, Adam joined the practice in February 2014. After completing his training at the firm, Adam qualified as a Chartered Surveyor in 2016 and was subsequently promoted to Associate in February 2020.
Adam works within the professional department at Kirkby Diamond, providing advice to clients on a variety of commercial and residential properties using his knowledge of technical property matters and the local property markets.
Enthusiastic about property, Adam displays a logical approach and a 'can do' attitude that allows him to provide a high standard of service for clients.
Primarily an RICS Registered Valuer by trade, Adams specialties include valuations for a multitude of purposes including secured lending, portfolio, development, taxation and acquisition purposes.
Part of an ALEP Member Firm, Adam regularly acts for Freeholders and Leaseholders on residential Leasehold Reform (Lease Extension) cases.
Adam also undertakes Landlord and Tenant work in the form of Rent Review and Lease Renewal advice and negotiations.
Adam’s work highlights include:
• A portfolio valuation of several residential development sites for a Local Authority.
• A portfolio valuation of circa 600 ground rent interests for a freeholder across the south east.
• Negotiating Lease Renewals for an institutional investor on an established industrial estate.
• Advising on and negotiating Rent Reviews and Lease renewals on a mixed use parade in Luton for a regional investor.
• Regularly undertaking valuations of complex properties for secured lending and other purposes.
• Negotiating substantial reductions in lease extension premiums for leaseholders against national ground rent investors.
In his spare time, Adam can often be heard playing his guitar or seen walking his dog, normally via a nice pub…