Graduate Building Surveyor
Milton Keynes Office
We are looking for a Graduate Building Surveyor to join our growing building consultancy team in our Milton Keynes office.
Milton Keynes would be your primary place of work however, you will be expected to travel to our other offices as the need arises.
The role will include traveling to properties throughout the central region and North London. However, when the need arises you will be expected to inspect properties throughout the country to undertake surveys with a senior colleague. You will also be expected to inspect properties on your own, subject to our Lone Working procedure and Risk Assessments.
Qualifications and/ or experience needed: An accredited degree in building surveying. Working towards, or soon to be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and a Member of the Building Surveying faculty
Specific responsibilities and activities
- To represent the practice as a graduate building surveyor and always promote its best interests.
- To provide day to day assistance to the Building Surveying department, senior colleagues and the Partners when directed.
- To take instructions and guidance from all qualified members of the Building Surveying team, senior colleagues or the Partners when applicable.
- Provide assistance to other departments as and when the need arises.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of a strong client base specifically in building surveying matters, but also generally.
- To comply with the RICS membership regulations in so far as they apply to you in the capacity of a graduate building surveyor.
- To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken.
- To diligently work towards membership of the RICS.
- To carry out / assist with the carrying out of day to day duties including:
a) To undertake measured surveys and production of drawings
b) To prepare specifications and tender documentation
c) To prepare and submit applications for consent to Local Authority planning and building control departments, fire officers, licensing justices, freeholders etc. as applicable
d) Condition surveys
e) Schedules of dilapidations
f) Principal designer role under the CDM Regulations
g) Party Wall Awards
h) Building surveys
i) Project Management / Co-ordination
j) Contract administration
k) Residential homebuyers reports and building surveys
l) To monitor the market place in respect of information technology / systems / software which may be of benefit to the practice and to advise accordingly
- To undertake where appropriate and attend networking events in relation to your area of practice.
- To arrange and attend Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in accordance with the RICS requirements.
- To submit expenses on a monthly basis.
Apply for this vacancy
We are always on the hunt for great people! Contact us today using the form below.