Case Study - Quantity Surveying - Education, Private
To provide the Private School client with full financial management of their building development project from inception to completion. This project being one of many regularly carried out by Kirkby & Diamond for this prestigious school.
- To ensure Budgets and cost plans are based on the best possible known information and are priced out in detail to provide an accurate figure.
- To select the appropriate construction firms to tender
- To ensure the tender package is clear and comprehensive
- select the most favourable bid
- To control costs during construction
- To achieve speedy final account settlement within reported figures
- Met with designers at an early stage to go through the proposals in detail, element by element.
- Tested the market to find the right tenders
- Obtained all design information before tender
- Interrogated the information and checked all tender documents
- Fully analysed the tenders and considered all options and qualifications
- Stayed on top of the job and maintained dialogue with the contractor and designers
- Allocated sufficient time to agree variations as the work proceeded and kept the pressure on the contractor to provide information.
Kirkby & Diamond’s thorough understanding of the procurement process and a sound knowledge of construction costs based on many years’ experience and a wide range of current projects meant that
the Client was fully aware of his financial commitment at all stages of the project.
Final costs were agreed with the Contractor within previously reported figures.